Although moving is indeed an integral preparation that involves the entire family, certain “somewhat territorial” family members might not be comfortable with leaving their home.
The move won’t be felt by pets who live in terrariums or cages. However, it will not affect those pets who have their home protected and cared for carefully.
If you are living in Canada and planning to make a residential move you might want to know about the best Residential Moving Service In Courtice.
This is different for those pets who are free to roam the house. Cats and dogs are territorial creatures and each room in the house is their territory.
BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Take your pet along to learn about the neighborhood and its smells and sounds. This will help you feel more secure and confident in your new home.
- Let your pet adjust to the changes that are happening when you move. He should then leave the new bed, blanket, and feeder behind once he feels at home in his new environment.
- Attach a tag to his collar that includes his name, your home address, and phone number. It will allow you to reach your new neighbors in case the collar is lost.
These furry friends should be present in packaging and feel included.
Moving with pets: The day of the move
- Your pet’s toys and other items should be the last thing you put away, but they should also be the first thing you clean up when you move into a new home.
- If you are moving by road, your furry friend can travel in your car with you. It is best to put your pet in the back seat. However, it should not be in the trunk. This would be a grave mistake!
- Moving involves loud noises and unknown people (the movers), which could cause fear in your pet. You can take your pet to a relative or friend’s home that day. ). Place a note on your door requesting that it be kept closed.
- Does it have a carrier? It is important to know the tricks of moving pets. This will ensure a gradual adaptation. So that your pet feels relaxed during the journey, we recommend placing a blanket with the scent of your pet inside the kennel.
Talk to your vet about whether it’s possible to administer a tranquilizer or sedative. It is a drastic measure that will not be tolerated by all pets.
You are already at home! How can you help your pet adjust?
If you are considering having a kitten as your pet, it is important to know that they have strong bonds with their environment. Connect them at least one day before they arrive if you have the option.
After your pet is installed in your new house, make sure to close all doors and windows. This will ensure that they don’t run away out of fear, or because they want back to their old home.
However, moving in with a cat can be a bit more difficult due to their hunting instinct. It is best to prevent your cat from leaving a few weeks early so it doesn’t feel strange in its integration phase.
Don’t worry! It takes them two weeks on average to get to know each other in their new environment. The dog is more flexible and adapts to change faster than we are, which makes it easier for us.
You can move with your pet in the most stress-free way possible
No matter how furry your companion moves, make sure you spend enough time with them and give them affection so they don’t get depressed.
Imagine how stressful and important it can be for pets to have their food replaced or their beds changed. Pets feel affected when there is a change in their daily life.
They need to be allowed to get back to their normal routine. Even though they can’t talk, pets perceive and exaggerate everything. You will be happy if you prioritize your pets’ emotions. Perfect Timing Moving can arrange the best moving plan for you in Canada.
Check other articles here.